If you want to know How To Chromecast Steam Link to Google TV then you are at the right place. Steam is a service that enables online game purchasing and plays. In lieu of purchasing physical copies or physically downloading them, players can use Steam to purchase and play games online. Steam has lately published a new application called Steam Link. It allows you to stream games from the Steam Library on your computer to any internet-connected device. The Steam Link app is accessible to Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS users. The following instructions will guide you through the various Chromecast options for casting Steam Link content to your television.
What do I need to Chromecast Steam Link to a television?
Streaming PC games to a television with a Chromecast device is simple and quick. Chromecast also allows you to surf the web and access streaming services on your television.
Before you may transmit PC games to a television using Chromecast, you must meet the following requirements:
A computer or a laptop
SteamOS requires the installation of Steam on Windows 7 or later, Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), and Linux Ubuntu 12.04 or later.
HDMI port with Chromecast support.
Contains a minimum 720p resolution
Please be advised that Samsung Smart TVs manufactured after 2016 include Steam connection capability. You may play on your television using the Steam application, which is accessible via the Samsung Smart Hub. Because the Smart Hub does not support as many native apps as other smart TVs, we offer a guide on how to download the Peloton app on a Samsung Smart TV that is also applicable to other apps.
Check whether your TV and host PC are connected to the same home network.
For an optimal connection, your Wi-Fi frequency should be at least 5 GHz. Additionally, wired LAN connections may be a viable option. You may also refer to our guide on How to Set Up a Wi-Fi Hotspot on Your Smartphone or Tablet.
Connectable Devices Utilizing the Steam Link
Using Steam Link-enabled devices to Screencast Steam games to television is an alternative to using a host computer and a television.
Android: The Google Home app from the Google Play Store allows screencasting from any mobile device to a television (phone or tablet).
iOS: The Steam Link software from the Apple Store allows you to cast the screen of your iPhone or iPad to your television for viewing.
How to Chromecast a Steam Link to a Television – How To Chromecast Steam Link to Google TV
To use Chromecast to play Steam games on your TV, you must first connect and setup the Chromecast device.
For the next phase, a computer (desktop/laptop) or a mobile device will be necessary (Android or iOS).
Step 1: Start by connecting Chromecast to your television
Chromecast may be connected to a television using the procedures below.
If your television has an HDMI port, connect the HDMI end of the Chromecast with Google TV to the port. If the TV lacks an HDMI input, an HDMI adaptor can be used to connect it to Chromecast.
- To access the source menu, press the Source or Input button on the remote control of your television. Ensure that the HDMI port into which Chromecast is plugged is selected as the source input.
2. Connect your television to the wireless network using the proper cable. To access the TV’s menu, simply press the Menu button on the remote. On newer televisions, navigate to Settings > General > Network Settings. Enter the password for a wired or wireless connection when requested, and ensure that your host device is also connected to the same network.
Using a suitable device to access the Steam link is the next step after configuring Chromecast on your television.
You may also like: How to Turn on the Keyboard light on Chromebook
Step 2: Chromecast with Steam Link Supported Devices Setup on a Television:
It is preferable to use Google Chrome’s Casting capability with your Chromecast device. The Cast function of Google Chrome is compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
This function allows you to mirror the display of your computer to a Chromecast.
If the most recent version of Google Chrome is not already installed on your desktop or laptop computer, you should download it immediately. Google Chrome version 72 or higher is required to use the Cast feature, therefore if you need to upgrade your browser, do so.
- Launch Google Chrome on your system.
- You can access your Steam account via the website or the Steam client.
- To access the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the browser, click the three dots. Select the actors you wish to cast from the drop-down menu.
- Choose from the different Chromecast-compatible devices.
- Choose Cast Desktop from the Sources drop-down menu. Now, your TV will display the contents of your computer.
- Wireless streaming lets you play PC games on your TV! (Chromecast).
With the Google Home app on your Android device, you can use Chromecast on your television:
- The Google Home app is available for download via the Google Play Store.
- Tap 1 device setup on the Home screen.
- Then, select the Home tab followed by the Next button.
- This app will search for your Chromecast. Once you’ve located the Chromecast, tap Yes.
- You should see a code on the screen of your TV and Android phone. If it is visible on both devices, choose Yes to confirm.
- Simply choose a room for your Chromecast to keep everything in its proper place.
- Select the network you wish to connect to and input your password to launch the screencast.
The Steam Mobile application is compatible with both the iPhone and iPad:
- Download the Steam Mobile app from the App Store to use your mobile device to access your Steam account.
- It is possible to download the Chromecast Streamer app from the app store and link it to a Chromecast.
- In Screen mirror mode, the sound, data rate, and resolution can be modified.
- Chromecast Start Mirroring to the TV by pressing Start Broadcast.
Using a Chromecast device is the quickest way to connect your controller and TV to the Steam Link:
- PC users should utilize the Cast feature of Google Chrome.
- Utilize the Google Home app on your Android smartphone or tablet.
- iOS supports the Chromecast Streamer and Steam Mobile applications.