Except for the Roku Ultra, all newer Roku devices connect to a network through WiFi. This is OK if you use the device on a separate network and have your remote available (like bringing it to a hotel). However, connecting to a new network without a remote control might be challenging. This user guide will discuss How to connect Roku to wifi without remote using iphone.
If you know the WiFi network name and password saved on your Roku, you may create a WiFi access point for your Roku by setting up a mobile hotspot on your phone.
To connect to and navigate the Roku app, you’ll need two mobile devices to operate as the mobile hotspot and another to serve as the remote.
How to connect Roku to WiFi without a remote Using iPhone
To connect Roku to WiFi without using a remote, create a mobile hotspot on one device, download the Roku app to use as a slight on another device, and then connect your Roku to the same mobile hotspot network using the Roku app.
Here is a comprehensive step-by-step analysis.
Establish a mobile hotspot
Before continuing, keep in mind that not all cell plans provide access to a mobile hotspot. Check your wireless service plan before utilising your smartphone’s mobile hotspot feature. You may wind up paying additional service costs if your project does not include them.
1. From your phone’s Settings menu, hit “Mobile Hotspot.”
2. To access the Hotspot menu, tap “Set up Mobile Hotspot.”
3. After viewing a notification regarding Mobile Data use, you will be invited to the following menu. To proceed, tap “OK.”
4. Select the “Set up Mobile Hotspot” menu item and enter the WiFi network information saved on your Roku device. Enter the network’s name (SSID) and scroll down to the password entry field.
5. Create a backup of the newly established mobile hotspot.
6. Review the mobile hotspot’s settings and connection instructions before pressing “OK” to activate it.
Configure the Roku app to act as a remote control
1. Download the Roku app for iOS or Android on a different mobile device (not the one producing the mobile hotspot).
2. To open the remote, launch the app and press the “Remote” icon at the bottom of the screen.
3. The default configuration of the remote is virtually identical to that of the hardware remote. Tap the keys in the same way you would with a standard remote.
The remote layout of the app may be changed to use swipes rather than button taps. You may change the form of the remote by altering the settings in the small settings menu.
Update your Roku’s WiFi settings using the Roku app.
1. Using the Roku mobile app as a remote, navigate to “Settings” and choose “Network” on your Roku.
2. Modify the network settings to point the Roku to the new WiFi network.
3. Switch off your phone’s mobile hotspot and link it to the new WiFi network you created for the Roku.
4. Use the Roku mobile app remote in the same way as you would the hardware remote.
If you do not have access to a mobile hotspot, you may still use the Roku app on your mobile device as a remote control – as long as both your mobile device and Roku are connected to the same network.
You may also like: Best WIFI Extender For Nighthawk
Some Points To Be remember while using Roku Remote Mobile App.
There are a few faults or blunders that produce problems as a result of some frequent issues. To avoid those difficulties, you must attentively read the following suggestions and also adhere to them:
- Ascertain that your iPhone is fully charged.
- Your mobile device should be virus-free; otherwise, you may encounter some unusual problems.
- The majority of users have difficulty due to space constraints. If you are unable to install the Roku software, then free up some space on your device.
- If you haven’t already, update your mobile phone.
- While using the app, it is recommended that the mobile device is not linked to the USB charging cable.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to make network configuration changes
If an internet connection was not created during Guided Setup or if your network has changed and you need to update the relationship, use the procedures below to enter the Settings menu on your Roku device:
- On your control, press the Home home button on the Roku remote.
- Scroll down and click Settings.
- Choose a Network
- Select Establish a link.
- Choose between wired and wireless connections.
- If you choose Wired, your Roku device will connect to your network and the internet automatically. Continue to the following step if you pick Wireless.
- From the list of available networks, select your network. If your network is not shown, choose Scan again to view all networks.
- Enter the password for your network. Select Show password to view the password as you write.
- Choose Connect.
These are just a few of the methods you may learn How to Connect Roku to WiFi without a Remote. There are going to be some customers who were seeking assistance with connecting Roku to WiFi. They might seek expert help if they wish to overcome this issue. Until then, take care and enjoy reading more posts!